5 Ways to Keep Pups Active in Winter
Let’s face it, the frigid weather of winter can really put a damper on our exercise routines. Where we once were excited to take a leisurely jog people-watching around the park, we’re now debating if we really need to make that trip to the supermarket in the cold. Unfortunately, your pup might feel the same — but even if you have a snow-loving furbaby, it’s important to take proper precautions when letting him/her frolic outdoors. Lucky for you, we know a few great ways to keep dogs active, but also safe, in winter.
5 Ways Keep Dogs Active in Winter
- Take the toys indoors. You may not be able to toss a frisbee or play extreme fetch, but you can definitely enjoy some indoor toys with Fido in the meantime. Use soft, fluffy toys for an indoor version of fetch, or grab a sturdy rope for some tug-of-war action.
- Have a scavenger hunt. Keep your dog’s senses alert by sending him on an extravagant scavenger hunt for his food. Dog’s love to track things down by nature, some more than others, so he’s bound to enjoy the exhilarating pursuit. Make sure to cheer real loud when he reaches his goal, and help him if you have to along the way.
- Take it to the stairs. If you have a staircase in your home, and your dog is healthy and hip-problem-free, entice him with an aerobic game of fetch. Toss a soft ball or toy up to the landing and let him retrieve it. If you’re looking to get in on the action too, try jogging up and down and letting him follow you.
- Teach him new tricks. An old dog can learn new tricks! Spend your time indoors teaching your pup something new. Has he mastered “roll over?” How about “speak” or “lie down?” Perhaps he can even use a refresher on “sit” or “stay.” Whatever the case may be, it’s an opportunity to stimulate both his mind and body, without stepping foot in the cold.
- Bring him to Camp! We’ve got plenty of space indoors for your furbaby to romp, roll and play. Plus, he’ll get to spend time with his other puppy-pals, and you can go about your day knowing he’s in great hands. See, everybody wins!
Our Camp owners have the ability to help pets stay in the action, but out of the cold, all winter long. If you’re interested in learning more about what it takes to join the Camp Bow Wow Pack and invest in a bright future and a doggone good time, dial 877-700-2275 or contact us online to request your free executive summary.